I am a great fan of delicious desserts. I wish to share with my readers the simple recipe for Cherry Bourbon Ice-Cream. Hope you enjoy preparing this at home.
- Granular Sweetener for Ice-cream- ½ Cup
- Cornstarch- 2 tbsps
- 2% Reduced Fat Milk- 2 Cups
- Salt- ⅛ tsp
- Egg Yolk- 1
- Vanilla Bean Paste or Extract- 1 ½ tsp
- Bourbon- 3 tbsp
- Drained and Coarsely chopped canned, pitted cherries in heavy syrup- ½ Cup.
Method Of Preparation:
- Whisk together the sweetener, cornstarch and milk and cook over the medium flame stirring continuously.
- Now you can whisk egg yolk till the mixture gets slightly thickened. Now you must gradually add the hot cream mixture and whisk continuously. Add Vanilla to this mixture and mix further.
- Use a wire mesh strain and slowly strain the mixture to eliminate the solids in it. You may now cool the mixture for one hour stirring occasionally. Place the wrap on the mixture and chill the mixture for 8 to 24 hours.
- Halfway through freezing process you can stir in bourbon and cherries. Let the mixture stay at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before you serve it.
Your amazing Cherry Bourbon ice-cream is ready to be served. It is sure to be a favorite among kids and food lovers.